Perl transport agent...

Hello.  I'm quite new to ZMailer (I think it'll be my MTA of choice,
though I haven't seen Qmail yet), so forgive me if I write something
stupid/obvious.

I think one addition to ZMailer would be great -- a in-Perl-written
transport agent -- a script which would do exactly the things
sm(1) and procmail(1) do (maximally simplified).  Such code
would be very simple to extend, very flexible and much faster
-- there would be much less forking and the perl script would
be compiled just once, not on every message <- this is why it
would be better than just running it from sm(1). :)

The flexibility would make it quite simple to make and customize
scripts similar to INN's cleanfeed or inn_filter.pl.  Also
it would be quite easy to make working model of transport
agent before coding it in C.

I receive mail by UUCP.  With this I would make my mail relay
convert mailing list messages to Usenet ones, pack them in
UUCP bzip2-compressed batches, filter out spam and send
deliver them to me by UUCP in much more efficient way.

Unfortunately I'm quite C analphabet (yet ;)) and I'm not sure
whether You think it's worth doing.  Or maybe anyone has done
it already?  Anyway I could try to do this thingy, but I
need to know what to care about the most. :)

   Regards,
       Dawid Kuroczko
--