Re: help with zmailer configuration

I had this problem last week when installing the new zmailer on Solaris 2.6
and gcc 2.8.1.

Assuming it's the same thing, I'll repeat from my previous post:

After much frustration, and lots of debug statements, I narrowed the
problem down to the 'noMX' variable.  The noMX variable was being set to 1
by a side effect, not by direct assignment.  (The only direct assignments
to this variable are the initialization 'int noMX = 0', and when the '-e'
command line parameter is given).  Anyway, placing assert(noMX==0)
statements in the code narrowed the change in value down to the following
line in smtp.c:

zmailer-2-cvs/transports/smtp/smtp.c : line 631
 & oldsig; /* volatile-like trick.. */ & channel; & host; & smtpstatus; &
need_host; & idle; &noMX; & dp; & checkmx; & smtphost; & punthost;

placing an 'assert(noMX==0)' before and after this line illustrated that
the value of 'noMX' was being changed by line 631 (it was actually being
set to '1', which explains why no MX processing was happening).

The workaround is to comment out line 631 (and recompile), seeing as how
the address operator is just being used by it's self--no explicit
assignments or changes...
then everything works fine.  MX hosts are processed and all is well.

end-quote

As for your second problem,
Zmailer comes with a compatability version of 'rmail', in the
'compat/rmail' directory.  Ensure you're using the 'rmail' from there, or
where-ever it installed it.

Shawn Robinson