BDAT dot-duplication bug.. (and sigh about spam..)

(Sigh, somebody posted spam thru the zmailer@nic.funet.fi list)

Recently I heard strance problems with UUENCODEd message
(Linux patch) delivered thru several ZMailer boxes.

The report told essentially that sometimes the line-start dots
duplicated in the resulting files.  Outch :-(

The reason was/is that ZMailers sending in CHUNKING mode
used same underlying SMTP body dot-escaper routines as
classical DATA phase used.

Below I am sending you a test to see if there happens a dot-
duplication somewhere:
...3
..2
.1
0

You should be aware of this if you are using ZMailers
since version 2.99.40p10-s9 (Late February-98) when the
smtp transport agent got CHUNKING sending.

You could test your systems by starting your message with
a line :  .dottest
(That is, start with a dot, and then some text)

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>