policy filtering problems

Sorry if this shows up twice, we were having severe problems with the
mailer (went back to the previous version for now) and I really need
some information/help.

Installed zmailer 2.99.49p9

I have a problem with the policy filter. It is working fine to
prevent spam but it is also blocking some legitimate email, both the
sending and receiving of.

The problem is that I want to send to a legitimate address but I
cannot do a dns lookup on the domain unb.ca, www.unb.ca has an
entry, but they have no dns entry for just unb.ca. The smtp server
 (because of the server policy filtering rules) refuses to send to it.
The users address worked before I upgraded zmailer.

Our domain is msvu.ca, the mail server is actually serf.msvu.ca, but I
can do a lookup on msvu.ca which resolves to the same address as
serf.msvu.ca, perfect. We are similar to this other institution with
the difference being that we can do a lookup on just  msvu.ca.

What can I do to allow our mailer to send/receive to/from unb.ca
without doing a dns lookup on it? There is a bunch of other addresses
that cause me the same problem as well. For now I would be happy with
just setting up the mailer to refuse anything on the spam list and
refuse to relay for outside our domain.

Ideas? Point me in the right direction. :^)
Thanks,
-Stuart
Stuart Chase
Co-ordinator - Network Services, Postmaster
Computing & Communication Services
Mount Saint Vincent University
Stuart.Chase@MSVU.Ca
http://www.msvu.ca