Re: Pegasus-compatible mailbox?

> Hello.
>
> My intention now is to make well-known freeware mailer Pegasus Mail
> working with Unix machine over Samba LAN service. It seems rather
> stupid to retrieve mail by POP3 every minute (with unencrypted
> passwords!) storing it back to same LAN server. Unfortunately, Pegasus
> can't parse Unix-style mailbox: it wants every new message being in a
> separate file in some (easy-configurable) directory.

	Alexis wrote it already:

	ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/mail/zmailer/contrib/maildir.tar.gz

	That needs also a small change into the config system to generate
	the  Makefile  from supplied  Makefile.in..

> The clear solution is to change "mailbox" transport. Modified mailbox
> must store new messages not to appendable file /var/mail/user but to
> a directory (i.e., /home/user/mail/<random>.cnm).

	Yes, I agree that it should be a feature in 'mailbox', not
	a separate program, but YMMV...  (And I haven't had time.)

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>