Re: channel for a specific adress

> I would have a specific channel open for a password protected newsgroup.
> Is there a easy way to configure zmailer 2.99.49p2.
> Other way i might modify usenet.
> Thank you for help.

Ok, presuming you want to use channels, then here is how.

Following works in all ZMailers 2.99.48 and up, with standard facilities:

In  aliases  map:
  pw.newsgroup.name: pw.newsgroup.name@pwnewsgw

in routes map:
  pwnewsgw	pwnewsch!

z# router pw.news.name
<mea.interactive@mea.tmt.tele.fi>: address: pw.news.name
(((pwnewsch - pw.news.name@pwnewsgw g0)))

Now the question is, what shall the scheduler do with this channel ?
Does it run "sm" ?  Then what does "sm" do with it ? Run some script ?

You could run ordinary aliases mapped pipes -- like this:

  pw.newsgroup.name: "|/path/to/gw/program pw.newsgroup.name"

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>