Re: Zmailer and BSDi 3.1

> Hi!

	Sorry, this one was buried deep in my mailbox, and only
	got out by pure luck..

> Pardon the newbie questions, but does zmailer run on BSDi 3.1?  If so,
> could someone please give me a hand?

	Ok, left or right ?

> For some reason, it wants to complile using "cc" instead of "gcc", and
> "cc" dies at "ordered.c".

	This depends on how you invoke   ./configure
	Per default it used CC="cc", but you can choose to have
	others as well.  Have you looked at the INSTALL file ?

	Dies at ordered.c ?  How ?  Which source version ?
	(My CVS snapshots had generic problems, now the lattest
	 one should be ok.)

> I got around that by specifying "CC= gcc" in the Makefile in
> "./router/libdb"
>
> Unfortunatly, now I'm getting an error at:
>
> gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I./../include -I../include -I.. -c strsignal.c
> strsignal.c:8: conflicting types for `sys_siglist'
> /usr/include/unistd.h:144: previous declaration of `sys_siglist'
> *** Error code 1

	This one has never been an easy case.
	What type is your  sys_siglist[]  ?

	In theory the  sys_siglist[]  is lookup up in the
	autoconfiguration macroes. What does   config.log
	tell about the tests ?

	At my GNU-LIBC-2.0 systems it is apparently:

		const char * const sys_siglist[];

	At some other systems I see it as  __sys_siglist[], but
	linking will find also   sys_siglist[].

	Anyway, it should only be needed when   strsignal()
	function can't be found from system libc.  Doesn't
	it exist in your BSDi ?

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>