a new snapshot is available..

at  ftp://mea.tmt.tele.fi/zmailer/

Now the thing is tuned to work on Solaris 2.6, and RedHat 5.0 (gnu-libc 2.0)
in addition to Solaris 2.5.1 and Linuxes from pre-gnu-libc era.

Well, perhaps "tuned to work" is a bit strong, but very least it configures
and compiles on those platforms.

I have also merged in various patches people have sent to me (or to the list),
but that task is incomplete as of yet.

As always, you folks have various esoteric systems on which the configuration
and compilation may or may not work. I would like to hear failure reports, as
well as success reports -- mention your platform, compiler and the entire
configuration commandline..  For example:
	Linux/i386 SuSE-5.1
config:	CC=cc CFLAGS="-g -O" ./configure --prefix=/opt/mail --with-ipv6

(and which release or snapshot you used..)

For today I think I will stop tinkering with ZMailer, and look into
my experimental Linux kernel things -- now that I got my  Linux/Alpha
up and running reliably...  (Heck, you know, "until a new failure mode
is found..")

/Matti Aarnio