smtp-policy confusion

I thought that I understood how to configure the smtp policy filter
but I was wrong.  After getting the SPAM filter working, I found that I
was rejecting legitimate mail.

I thought that adding a line like:

[128.167.0.0]/16	= _full_rights

where 128.167.0.0 is our class B net would allow mail to or form our
network to get through without any trouble.  I was wrong.

I also tried:

[128.167.0.0]/16	relaycustomer + relaytarget +

but that didn't work.

We are running zmailer 2.99.49p5a2   Is that the problem or am I
missing something.

  David Trueman,
    Systems Manager, Dalhousie Faculty of Computer Science
    Technical Chair, Chebucto Community Net