Re: Zmailer aliases and list mapping troubles during delivery

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> I had a problem like that recently.  I like to use db, but for some
> reason aliases used to be ndbm.
>
> When I upgraded to... well, an upgrade or two ago, I had to mess about
> a little to get everything to use the new aliases.db and nothing the
> old aliases.{pag,dir} files.
>
> I don't know whether this was due to my various odd hacks or some
> change of Matti's.  Perhaps your problem is similar, or perhaps it is
> different.  A few "ls -lu" commands should be enough to tell you
> what's being used, anyway.

as it turns out, I'm using btree for aliases and fullnames
(this is a Linux box :-), ndbm for pathalias, and unordered for
both routes and localnames (localnames is set up to be incore, and to
the old format -single column, and so doesn't show up):

z# db toc
expansions    incore                l
headers       header                -
trusted       incore                -
pwuid         incore                -
pwnam         incore                -
fullname      incore                -
hostexpansions incore                l
recipients    incore                l
thishost      incore                l
fullnamemap   btree       0/10      l  /zmailer/db/fullnames.db
istoplevel    incore                l
routesdb      unordered   0/10      l  /zmailer/db/routes
revaddress    bind,ptr    0/200      -  /etc/resolv.conf
ipaddress     bind,a      0/200      -  /etc/resolv.conf
mxhosts       bind,mx     0/200      -  /etc/resolv.conf
canon         bind,any    0/200      n  /etc/resolv.conf
pathdb        ndbm        0/10      l  /zmailer/db/pathdb
aliases       btree       0/10      l  /zmailer/db/aliases.db
selfmatch     selfmatch             B
#z ^D
[jmack@relay db]# ls -lu aliases* fullnames*
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        64194 Nov 12 12:32 aliases
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root       110592 Nov 12 12:40 aliases.db
-rw-r--r--   1 root     bin         20474 Nov 10 19:06 fullnames
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root        45056 Nov 12 08:57 fullnames.db

but I did have some old .idx and .dir files there too from the
older zmailer (now removed). Perhaps they were mucking things up. I'll
monitor it.

Thanks,
-Jim