Re: hostname changed by ZMailer

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Enrique Vadillo wrote:
> The only problem that i see, is that when this new zmailer servers starts
> it changes my server's hostname to '--fqdn' and this happens on all the
> servers running this new zmailer version:
>
> % telnet myserver
> Trying 200.1.182.249...
> Connected to relay.rcp.net.pe.
> Escape character is '^]'.
>

> UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0 (--fqdn)
>
> login: mylogin
> Password:
> --fqdn%
>
> Why does this happen? i had no compilation errors, not even warnings,
> strange, isn't it?

This is just a SWAG (Stupid Wild-Assed Guess)...

I would guess that something ran "hostname --fqdn", thinking it was
providing command-line arguments to hostname, but your hostname command
doesn't expect any command line arguments, so it set the hostname to argv[1].

-Andy

Global Auctions
http://www.globalauctions.com