Re: zmailer too restrictive

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Tom wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Erik E. Fair wrote:
>
> > RFC821 is not the last word. It is further modified by RFC1123 ("Host
> > Requirements").
>
>   It does not change any part of the standard, otherwise a new RFC would
> have been issued.  RFC 1122 just clarifies RFC 821.  RFC 1122 does not
> change the BNF grammar, in fact RFC 112 does not contain a BNF grammar for
> SMTP.

Well, it does change or say clarify it:

5.2.16  RFC-822  Local-part: RFC-822 Section 6.2
[...]
A host that is forwarding the message but is not the
destination host implied by the right-hand side "domain" MUST
NOT interpret or modify the "local-part" of the address.
[...]

That means if i send a message out of my domain, zmailer must not
check the local-part !

Greets, Sven
--
PGP public key at http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~goldt/pgp/pubkey