one uninformed comment about 2.99.49p6 (acceptdns +)

I haven't tried running p6 yet, but I already have a comment :-)
This is for anyone who is thinking about using the acceptifdns + option
in the policydb.

Earlier (a few weeks ago), _my_ ISP (i.e., interlog.com, not uunet.ca)
tried to do that (with Sendmail 8), but immediately got a lot of complaints
from users. The problem is that a lot of people now deliberately set their
addresses to invalid addresses in an attempt to block spam. Activating
acceptifdns (correct me if I am wrong) would block all such legitimate mail
from reaching your site.

Anyone have any more informed statements about this?

--
Ambrose C. Li <acli@mingpaoxpress.com> Programmer-analyst (sysadmin)
Toronto EDP, Ming Pao Daily News +1(416)321-0088 1355 Huntingwood Dr