2.99.49 is soon available

... at   ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/mail/zmailer/

My all weekend coding and testing marathon has created some
sort of documents (!) for the  smtp-policy  mechanism at the
smtpserver.

I am using the beast at my workstation, and you are welcome
to test its functioning.  (Manually, please!)

Now it should not allow trivial  <user@elsewere.domain>
relaying, and even be able to stop pretty current list of
spam-source domains.  (proto/policy-builder.sh)

While going thru one recent report about problems when some
user had an idea of using  .forward  entry like this:
	"|some pipe > file"@localhost
the router (2.99.48*) had crashed, and the fix had been a change
in the  MAILSHARE/cf/rrouter.cf.

It turned out I had syntactic bug (too simple approach) at
'condquote' routine within the router, and that both the
proto/cf/rrouter.cf, and proto/cf/canon.cf  did need some
changes.

When you do 'make install' of 2.99.49, you need to do explicite
copy of proto/cf/*.cf into your MAILSHARE/cf/, unless this is
your very first installation.

Also do note that the POSTOFFICE/ structure got a new directory.
A directory called "freezer" into which the smtp-policy can
decide to push the messages instead of rejecting all the
recipient addresses...

/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>