ident in zmailer

Is anyone having consistent success with Zmailer's ident feature?
My zmailer (2.99.48p2 on Linux) only gives me intermittant success.
Zmailer sometimes gives me IDENT-NONSENSE when the other end runs
an operational identd which does not give nonsense results. (Both
my home machine and the machines at work run zmailer and working
identd's, but both ends identify the other end as giving out
IDENT-NONSENSE.)

I am suspecting something wrong with my configuration, but I don't
know what to look for. I do use --with-bundled-libresolv.

--
Ambrose Li   ~   acli@acli%interlog.com      (Hello, world!\n)
~   http://www.interlog.com/~acli/~acli/  ~   print flush quit