Re: zmailer 2.99.48p2

> I just compiled 2.99.48p2 on my home machine, and noticed an
> oddity:
>
> smtpserver/policytest.c included some ndbm-specific stuff even
> though configure detected an absence of ndbm:

	Oops. Right.  My systems have always had NDBM, so I never
	noticed this one...

	The ZMailer is undergoing tortureous Ansification at my
	home machine (tortureous to myself...) and changes are
	likely so extensive that it will be called  2.99.49, though
	I did find a couple of call parametrization errors with it
	already, nice side-effect at that..

	I have decided to let several things to do writes into
	"const char *" objects, because it is far easier to find
	those few places where it is ok, instead of allowing writes
	everywhere..   Are there compilers that will blow at this ?
	That is, are there compilers that will not allow lvalues
	to be const ?  (Like in:  "*(const char *foo) = 1;" )

> policytest.c: In function `policydefine':
> policytest.c:76: union has no member named `_ndbm'
> policytest.c:96: union has no member named `_ndbm'
> make[1]: *** [policytest.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/source/zmailer-2.99.48/smtpserver'
> make: *** [all] Error 1
> --
> Ambrose Li   ~   acli@acli%interlog.com      (Hello, world!\n)
> ~   http://www.interlog.com/~acli/~acli/  ~   print flush quit