Re: weekend datadump at mea.tmt.tele.fi

> Also, these days I am getting mad smtp agents eating 10 - 30 - 50 megs
> of virtual memory.  And their process numbers are not shown in mailq
> output.  This is with 2.99.47, I think that I need to install .48 on
> the main relay since you told that you've fixed some bugs in smtp
> since then...

	Not shown ?  It must mean you have restarted the scheduler ?
	The smtp agent did (in 47) occasionally longjmp() back to
	a stack-frame that had been exited already -- which yields
	unpredictable results...

	Even the .48 betas do not (yet) protect all dynamic structure
	buildups against the  SIGALRM  doing a longjmp from midst
	of their code -- though most likely the alarm will occur
	during  write()  or read() of a socket...

> Eugene

	/Matti Aarnio