Re: weekend datadump at mea.tmt.tele.fi

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> 	At Solaris I see the smtp-clients occasionally
> 	freezing, and not reacting on SIGALRM as if it
> 	were set a block on the signal.
> 	(That is: 'truss -p nn' does not see the SIGALRM
> 	 signal to the process :-? )
>
> 	Any comments (about the package) ?

Interesting ...  I never upgraded to 2.99.48 on my Solaris systems because
I never saw the stuck 'smtp' processes as on Linux.  I am still happily
running 2.99.47 here.  Also, since running 2.99.48p3 on Linux, I have not
seen the stuck 'smtp' processes.  Just a datapoint ... but it would seem
to be saying that something that's recently changed is causing the
problem.

Roy
rcb@press-gopher.uchicago.edu