Re: Question about routes file.

	I am going thru lots of email from this fall...

> If I want to route all mail to one host in a top level domain to
> one host, and all the other mail to a different host, what is the
> best way to do it?
>
> It seems if I put
>
>                 *.edu smtp!smtphost.unc.edu
>                 email.unc.edu smtp@emailhost.unc.edu
>
> into the routes file, everything would be routed to smtphost.unc.edu

	The "*.edu" does not make any sense, however ".edu" does!

	With "pathalias" mechanism at the routes file the effect you
	would want to achieve is achievable by writing following:
		.edu		smtp!smtphost.unc.edu
		email.unc.edu	smtp@emailhost.unc.edu

	That is, email to  "mail.unc.edu" goes with explicite specification
	to  emailhost, while all else that are going to EDU are sent to
	smtphost.   With the lattest versions of the zmailer you can even
	specify:
		.		smtp!smtphost.unc.edu

	which sends all, that does not othervice match anything, to the
	smtphost.

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>