Re: A bunch of problems with zmailer

Swen Thuemmler <swen@uni-paderborn.de>
> 2. (this is perhaps related) Sendmail did quite reliably remove duplicate
> addresses from list expansions. This does not seem to work with zmailer
> and is a reason of complaints from our users. Is there a solution?

I got zmailer to do a little better (there are some hints in the .cf
files, read and hack), but reverted to the old code because it still
wasn't enough.

Example: There's often overlap between the admin aliases for several
departments, and they are often not handled by the same mail server.
In such a case, the MTA cannot eliminate the extra copies.

procmail and gnus both handle this rather better.

--Arnt