Re: DSN problem?

On Wed, 20 Nov 1996, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> >   I don't think Zmailer is translating the result codes of transport
> > agents started via sm, into DSN status messages correctly.
> >
> >   For example, the following shows a user unknown error message, but the
> > DSN contains "530 Unknown error".  That doesn't seem right.
>
> 	Right.  It isn't -- at all.
> 	A fix for it (135 lines) at the end.
> 	(if the TABs have not been corrupted to render it unusable..)
>
> > Tom
>
> 	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>

(patch deleted)

  Appears to work ok.  Here's what it looks like now.

Tom

------
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 17:18:25 -0800
From: The Post Office <postmaster@unspecified-domain>
To: tom@sdf.com
Cc: The Post Office <postoffice@unspecified-domain>
Subject: Delivery reports about your email

This is a collection of reports about email delivery
process concerning a message you originated:

<local test-user@sdf..com test-user 65534>: ...\
	test-user: Mailbox does not exist
	[exit status 67 (addressee unknown)]

  [ Part 2: "Included Message" ]

Reporting-MTA: dns; misery.sdf.com
Arrival-Date: Sat, 23 Nov 1996 17:17:52 -0800

Diagnostic-Code: x-local; 521 (No such target user)

  [ Part 3: "Included Message" ]