Re: 2.99.41 is available

> Hi, Matti:
>
> I've just downloaded your 2.99.41 release and found a couple of nitpicking
> problems.  I had to edit the files 'utils/makendbm/makendbm.c' and
> 'utils/makendbm/ndbmlook.c' to un-comment the lines for defining the
>
>         extern char *sys_errlist[];
>         extern int sys_nerr;
>
> variables.  Our system is a Sun Sparc with Solaris 2.5 and GCC v. 2.7.2
> installed.

Ah, the code-fragment to replace the need for those two is:

  fprintf(stderr," Error now: %s",err);
  fprintf(stderr,", errno=%d (%s)",errno,strerror(errno));
  fprintf(stderr,"\n");

Lets use  strerror()  which is available, instead of doing
it open-coded all the time.   (I think I eliminated one instance
of sys_errlist[], but left that one around..)

Though the  ndbmlook  is not par with  makendbm -- it can't yet
query in all modes...

> Otherwise, it appears to work without a hitch.

	I am :-)

> Thanks,
> Roy Bixler
> Univ. of Chicago Press