ZMailer 2.99.39 and DSN

Hello,

	[ you perhaps noticed that toplevel   Makefile.in
	  has sublevel 38,  and not  39.  I didn't remember
	  that also toplevel  Makefile  is generated... ]

	I have been asked, if the current ZMailer is
	capable to act full DSN so that it can be
	called "DSN", and be used against sendmail 8.8.x ?

	I would say that mostly yes, however it is a bit
	partial implementation.  Things are (should be)
	fully implemented for RET, ENVID, and ORCPT parameter
	handling, but NOTIFY is partial.

	It does recognize  NOTIFY=NEVER  to mean that it
	should not mention that particular recipient at
	the error reports.

	Of all other NOTIFY values it plain simply assumes
	that it is: NOTIFY=FAILURE, particularly it does
	not implement variants:  NOTIFY=DELAY,DELIVERY.

	So you will not get POSITIVE reports -- nor DELAY,
	or RELAY reports..

	I do plan to generate DELIVERY reports (either final,
	or relay), but DELAY-reports are a bit difficult;
	where should I store state that some particular message
	has had its DELAY-reports sent ?  And when they were
	sent ?  Also am I to send positive deliveries every 12
	hours since message arrival, or immediately one for each
	recipient ?  The RFCs don't mention this, nor I did
	realize it is important thing to specify when they
	were in works..

	The compability module -- compat/sendmail/sendmail
	does implement all of the same flags that sendmail-8.8
	does.  (Ok, not all flag-settings, but all sensible ones)

/Matti Aarnio