Problems with zmailer 2.99.38

Problems with autoconfigure/compiling zmailer 2.99.38 on SunOS
4.1.3_U1. Shared lib has most recent resolver, gcc 2.6.3.

1) Test for -lresolv in the configure script doesn't work in this
(common) configuration.

configure assumes that if gethostbyname is in the standard libc
 then it's not necessary to set -lresolv. This isn't true when the
library being checked is the shared library, because the bind guys
have dicked around with the 'res' variable and it is renamed in the
version for the shared library.

You have to build with -lresolv if you are using this
configuration. I'd suggest testing for gethostbyname using static
linking.

2) gcc won't compile strsignal.c if none of HAVE_STRSIGNAL
HAVE_EXTERN_STR_SIGLIST and HAVE_SYS_SIGLIST are defined, because it
things char *sys_siglist[] and extern const char *sys_siglist[]
conflicting definitions.

I'd suggest sticking a '#define HAVE_EXTERN_STR_SIGLIST 1' if the
array is defined.

That's it for now...

sdb