 Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 21:20:01 +1000
 From: The Post Office <postmaster@unique.blaze.net.au>
 To: owner-freebsd-doc@freefall.freebsd.org
 Cc: The Post Office <postoffice@unique.blaze.net.au>
 Subject: Delivery problems with your mail

 A copy of your message is being returned to you due to
 difficulties encountered while attempting to deliver your mail.

 The following errors occurred during message delivery
 processing:

<smtp UNIQUE.blaze.net.au davidn@UNIQUE.blaze.net.au 65535>: Trying to talk with myself!
 ---------------------------------------

This occurs ON "unique.blaze.net.au".

I tested with "router -i", "davidn@unique.blaze.net.au" worked
fine (local), as did all the routes for which this box is an MX
target. However "UNIQUE.blaze.net.au" (note the capitalisation)
resolved to an smtp route. I added "UNIQUE.blaze.net.au" to the
localnames file in $MAILVAR/db, and "router -i" now routes it
correctly.

I have no idea what could have recently changed to cause this
sudden case sensitivity (if that is, indeed, the problem, since
this is quite different from what I was seeing earlier today), or
even why the "UNIQUE" is being capitalised.

Again, zmailer 2.99.38 under Linux 2.0.7.