Re: Compiling for a.out

On Sun, 22 Sep 1996, Matti Aarnio wrote:

> 	... However doing so will very likely break zmailer
> 	router, which uses this special getopt to be able to
> 	restart the scan of the builtin functions input
> 	parameters by simple means.

Not a very appealing fix then.  I'm looking at zmailer to initially create
an outgoing mail host, and if all goes well, replace sendmail on all our
systems with zmailer, which hopefully won't have the sendmail hole of the
week problem.

> 	Which compiler, and linker versions do you have ?
> 	Perhaps upgradeing the linker would do it ?

Probably would.  As I said, I'm using Slackware 2.3 based boxes...so I've
got GCC 2.6.3, ld version 2.5.2.6 (with BFD 2.5), GNU ar version 2.5.2.6.

I know these things are old...and I need to look into going ELF
sometime...but ELF just hasn't been a high priority for me.

I guess I'll have to look at upgrading to ELF compatibility before going
further with zmailer.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net>  |  Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
 Network Administrator       |  be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______