Re: piping to programs

On Sep 6,  8:48am, James MacKinnon wrote:
> Subject: Re: piping to programs
>
> Just a note on running pipes under zmailer:
>
> 	try setting permissions on your db/ subtree to be:
>
> 	#ls -l /zmailer/db
> 	drwx------  2 root         1536 Sep  5 17:02 /zmailer/db
>
> where db contains your aliases, routes, localnames, fullnames, etc. db's
>
> It wouldn't work for me until I restricted access to db/

I have been running pipes under zmailer for a few years. There is a bug
in the code which handles piping which requires some kludges in the
alias. Here is an alias which I have been using for a while (I'm using
2.99.25 just in case it's been fix recently):

    fakename: "| /usr/local/bin/fakeprogram -q > /dev/null 2>&1 >"

Notice the trailing ">". It is apparently needed when things are being
expanded. I haven't tracked down a real fix yet cause I haven't had time
(always something more important :-).

Brian

--
Brian Dockter   (KC7JZL)         | Email: brian@nds.com
Sr. Software Engineer            | Voice: 206-524-0014