Re: Virtual domains?

I'm trying to set up some form of virtual domain service for mail..

On Sat, 24 Aug 1996, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

> Either crossbar.cf or aliases.cf should suit your needs.  aliases.cf
> sounds best - at the start of routeuser, before the
>
> 	case "$(channel $quad)" in
>
> check whether $(host $quad) is your virtual host, and rewrite $quad if
> it is.  I haven't tested this:
>
> 	[ "$(host $quad)" = urka.com ] &&
> 		quad=(local $(user $quad) burka $(attributes $quad))
>
> but I think it will redirect all mail for *@urka.com to the local user
> or alias burka, which Iassume is what you want to do.

I tried this and several variations and couldn't get it to go (testing
with router -i showed no change). Part of the problem may be that the
"host" for local entries (I have all my virtual domains and variants in my
localaliases file) looks like user@host not just host. I confirmed this by
uncommenting one of the diagnostic prints in routeuser. But even if I
hardcoded [ "$(host $quad)" = "foo@foo.org" ], it didn't seem to affect
things. Any ideas?

Matti: what are the multiple IP addresses in the 2.99.38 config for,
exactly? Does Zmailer not automatically bind to all addresses?