zmailer and GNU autoconfig

Well, I am doing it, but got stymied for a moment with
the socket handling at various platforms.

Does anybody have any good pointers at how to figure out
	- existence of  socket()  (at libc.a, or alternate libs)
	- existence of TCP/IP things
	- existence of inetd in the system

My goal is to make the hostenv/* -files obsolete as much as I can..

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>

PS:	Tomorrow morning I will go to a finnish HAM summer convention,
	but I will fish all good ideas from email before staring to
	drive (and laptop works also at the car -- I have another ham
	to do the driving ;) )