Re: a stupid question

> I am sure I fixed this problem once before but have since forgotten what
> I did.
>
> I have a site where most people mail through PC's It seems that when the
> mail is sent to the MTA system the from addresses get rewritten to the
> hostname.domainname of the MTA system.
>
> How do I stop this?

	There are several ways, what might you want exactly ?

	Does the PC send FQDN addresses ?
	Then the MTA is likely saying:  ( /etc/mail.conf )

	# Who am I ?
	hostname="hostname.domainname"
	# What do I tell people ?
	mydomain="hostname.domainname"

	If the email originating from that system
	can use "domainname", then just dropping the
	"hostname." from the latter does it.

	With my  $MAILVAR/db/localname -maps you can
	do more wonders too..  (Depending on what
	cf files you use.)

	/Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi> <mea@utu.fi>