Re: Zmailer's :include: with bogus include syntax

Matti Aarnio <mea@nic.funet.fi>
> > It seems that if an alias is an :include: file and all of the
> > addresses in that file are insane:
> >
> > <user@do.main>			Fullname With8bitchars
> >
> > Then zmailer doesn't do what it ought to.  There is no bounce as far
> > as I can see from the logs, the message is simply sent to another
> > address, and I don't quite understand how that address is selected.
>
> 	This took me a while to figure out..  But once I ran a sample
> 	set with:

Sorry - I destroyed the example while fixing the problem :)

> 	$MAILBIN/router -i
> 	z# trace functions
> 	z# router test-8bitfullnames
>
> 	I got error reports telling that the addresses are invalid
> 	and the message becomes routed to the list owner address.
>
> 	I presume it is `root' in your case (file ownership)..
> 	and thus the message becomes routed to the roots.

Yes, I guess that's what it is.  Mail to the file owner would
plausibly be sent to that alias, at least.

So an :include: is actually a list?  Not at all a bad idea.  Is there
an implicit owner- mechanism as well?

--Arnt