aliases/generics question

I manage an RS/6000 that among other things is the central mail hub
for Uppsala university (with no local mboxes). It runs sendmail, with IDA
extensions, and since that is not developed any more I've been looking
at zmailer as a replacement.

The server handles about 20000 messages a normal day and I hope zmailer
to reduce the 25-35MB of memory that the sendmail processes use. There
are however some requirements that must be met, and I can't find any
aparent support for them, in the zmailer documentation.

I need the equivalence of this:

1. Alias handling that includes the host and domain part of the address.
(We use firstname.lastname@domain as a standard. The server manages 160
domains and 5000 addresses. This means: keep the domain part in the key
when doing an alias lookup.)

2. The generic rewrite of the From header field that's made available with
the IDA extensions. (modified From: header according to backward aliasing
of the sender)

3. Domaintable support. We use some rewrites on the domain part of the
envelope recipient. (the envelope recipient user-A@domain1 is rewritten
into user-A@domain2 before relaying)

4. We run sendmail chrooted and would like to run zmailer chrooted aswell.
(This shouldn't be any problems, should it?)

Is support for 1-4 available with zmailer, and if so where can I find
some hints on how to do it?

Also, is there any reason I should replace the smtpserver with TIS smap,
or does smtpserver implement enough paranoid checks on incoming messages?

--
E-Mail: Martin.Wendel@ITS.UU.SE        Snail-Mail:  ITS
Tel:    018 18 77 80                                Box 887