Re: zmailer-2.99.25 router problem

> On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Matti Aarnio wrote:
>
> > > We had to make a couple of adjustments to the source code to get it to
> > > compile properly (including grabbing an old copy of the compat/sendmail
> > > Makefile, as it was missing in this version), but it finally.  However,
> >
> > 	??  Really ?  It must have been some error at "make dist" then.
> > 	(like "Makefile" in 'root's ownership, and too tightly protected..)
>
> No, it is in there, Matti. I installed a new Linux machine "clean" from
> the 2.99.25 distribution and and sendmail executable was installed into
> $MAILBIN. I had to create the symbolic link to it from /usr/sbin, but
> that's standard.

I think I must have interrupted a make configure or somesuch, which prevented
the Makefile.in from creating a Makefile in that directory.

My biggest problem was getting rid of all the MAKE=make lines.  My stupid
make can handle one level of it, but if that Makefile then calls another
make with MAKE=make, it gets confused and dies.

Bruce

--
Bruce Sterling Woodcock --- Systems Administrator ][ sterling@netapp.com