Re: usenet problem

> Hello.
> I use zmailer 2.97 on Solaris 2.4
> I'd like to set up mail-news gateway.
> The problem is: I have 'usenet' shell script for sendina mail to news.

	The script is written for BSD machines, and thus it uses
		echo -n "prefixstring: "
	to output things without trailing newline..
	To alter it for Solaris (SysV) you need to write it as:
		echo "prefixstring: \c"

	(I know, I just fought with that phenomena, and my thick skull
	 didn't get it at first..)

> I set it up as I see in comments in script:
>
> scheduler.conf:
> usenet/*        maxchannel=2
>                 command="sm -c $channel usenet"
> sm.conf:
> usenet  m       /opt/mail/bin/usenet    usenet $u
>
> routes:
> inews.ke.sanet.sk       usenet!
>
> and when I send mail to junk@inews.ke.sanet.sk, I error message:
> no such newsgroup '-'

	That routing might be of trouble..  Well, not so sure, as
	I don't use that mechanism.

	What does following command report ?
		Mail -v junk@inews.ke.sanet.sk
	(that is, the verbose trace)