Re: Talking with myself...

Thanks for both your help.

I managed to fix the problem. As it turns out, there is what I believe
an error in rrouter.cf which prevents mail delivered to a host running
zmailer when the recipient's domain is specified in [IP] address format.
See the single line fix below.

> > is there any IP mapping in your routes file?, i.e.:
> >
> > server.blaze.net.au	smtp!203.17.53.1
>
> 	Close James, close, but not quite right:
>
>   server.blaze.net.au	smtp![203.17.53.1]

I tried this too, but this didn't work. The router resolved the
destination without going through any routing whatsoever apparently.
The statement which resolved ip->hostname in rrouter.cf immediately
returned after resolving the hostname assuming smtp delivery without
routing at all.

My (apparently working) rrouter.cf now reads:

(line 36...)
    # numeric internet spec
!   # return ((smtp "[\2]" "\1@$(gethostbyaddr \2)\3" $A))) ;;
+   # Whoa, not so fast!  We might want to route this elsewere!
+   # So just transform IP to hostname, retain the focus and
+   # continue instead...
+   address="\1<@\2>\3" ;;

   # now message the local info
   .. etc ..