Re: 2.99.20 available

Hello,

>From the ChangeLog in 2.99.20,

> Tue Oct 24 22:30:50 1995  Matti Aarnio  <mea@nic.funet.fi>
>
> 	* Released 2.99.20
>
> 	* include/ta.h, transports/*/*.c
> 	    Changed the way the  diagnostic() call works,
> 	    now the SMTP transporter can send a "retryat +NNN "
> 	    request.  It is used for rescheduling entire thread
> 	    for a bit latter time -- now fixed at 60 seconds.
						 ^^^^

I found the new 2.99.20 scheduler always reschedule those undelivered smtp
mail in 1m interval that neglecting any value in "scheduler.conf" interval
and retries attribute.   Does it relate to your current fix ?

Seems the timeout problem reported before has already fixed.  However,
another problem arise.  Still require much polishing before new scheduler
can be usable ??

> 	* scheduler-new/
> 	    Revised somewhat the internal logics, introduced
> 	    active use of "retryat" comminication primitive
> 	    from the transport agents to the scheduler.
>
> 	    Fixed (?) the timeout problem reported from Hongkong,
> 	    also fixed another "PROC NOT IN IDLE CHAIN", which was
> 	    caused by childs dying prematurely for some reason.

Lai Yiu Fai                       |  Tel.:       (852) 2358-6202
Centre of Computing Services      |  Fax.:       (852) 2358-0967
 & Telecommunications             |  E-mail:     ccyflai@uxmail.ust.hk

The Hong Kong University of       |  Clear Water Bay,
Science & Technology              |  Kowloon, Hong Kong.