smtpserver problem

Hi,

We found a weird thing with smtpserver (currently running 2.99.15).  Whenever
our internet link is down,  all the smtp port is hang and not further accept
new connection even within our local IP network and other IP network attached
to our site.   Most probably, I think it is related to reverse IP-to-hostname
DNS lookup which require to ask the root domain for answer.  And this locks
up the smtpserver and can't further to accept() new connection.

Is anyone experience the same problem?  Or has 2.99.16 or later version of
smtpserver already addressed this issue?

Lai Yiu Fai                       |  Tel.:       (852) 2358-6202
Centre of Computing Services      |  Fax.:       (852) 2358-0967
 & Telecommunications             |  E-mail:     ccyflai@uxmail.ust.hk

The Hong Kong University of       |  Clear Water Bay,
Science & Technology              |  Kowloon, Hong Kong.