Re: why does smtpserver restrict quote in argument to router for verification

[ I hope Nick doesn't object me to publicize this answer to him.. ]

> I think I found the real reason why it restricts quote:
>
> When you're doing verification is just passes the address off as
> 	server from '%s'
> where the address, taken directly from the "MAIL FROM: <...>"  goes in as the
> %s -- if the address contains a single quote you *must* process the address
> string to escape the quote mark -- Blech!

	Right,  Now the feeder code does process quotes. (2.99.16)
	Apparently the config leaves something to desire, but at
	least it doesn't crash...

	EXPN <O'Niell@nic.funet.fi>
	550 no such user: <O'Niell>		<-- genuine answer
	EXPN <test'person@nic.funet.fi>
	550 no such user: </dev/null>		<-- alias to "nobody"..
	EXPN <mea@nic.funet.fi>
	250 Matti Aarnio <mea>			<-- ok

> 					\nick

	/Matti Aarnio