Re: Problems with scheduler on SCO

|From:	woods@most.weird.com (Greg A. Woods)
|[ On Mon, February 27, 1995 at 11:07:48 (+0200), Matti Aarnio wrote: ]
|> Subject: Re: Problems with scheduler on SCO
|>
|> 	The system does require reversible euid setting, without it,
|> 	there are Serious Kludges available in form they were made
|> 	for some XENIX, but opening kmem and poking process uarea
|> 	is not (IMO) very nice thing to do..
|
|Not only is it not very nice, it's a security hole wide enough to fly a
|fleet of 767 wide-bodies through!

I've been running Zmailer 2.x on SCO for some time now, by forking a new
process every time a setuid is needed. Not very cool ;-) but not very
expensive if the system does a copy on write for the (child) process memory.
It works. As far as I know, it's secure.
Comments ?

--
Carlos G Mendioroz  <tron@secyt.gov.ar> +54 (1) 799-2715
Cordoba 3122 #6A Buenos Aires 1636 // LW7 EQI  Argentina