Re: Code questions...

>   I have a couple of questions/comments about the zmailer source (2.99.10),
> so if you have a minute or two....
>
>   - I discovered that my scheduler zombie problem is related to the fact
> that a process is forked to handle mailq requests, but there isn't a
> designated wait call for it, it seems like it gets reaped purely by chance
> by waitandclose() (transport.c) whenever readfrom() is called.   Also,
> ipcpause()  (transport.c) doesn't appear to ever be called...  why?

I have the same problem since 2.99.9, I simply add a designated wait() call
in parent process after forking the mailq handler.  It seems that the problem
is solved.

Rgds,
Lai Yiu Fai                       |  Tel.:       (852) 358-6202
Centre of Computing Services      |  Fax.:       (852) 358-0967
 & Telecommunications             |  E-mail:     ccyflai@uxmail.ust.hk

The Hong Kong University of       |  Clear Water Bay,
Science & Technology              |  Kowloon, Hong Kong.