Re: router barfing on (comment(comment))

On Dec 23, 12:30pm, Andy Poling wrote:
} Subject: router barfing on (comment(comment))
> I'm still running version 2.2 (no offense to Matti - I'm just too busy,
> and 2.2 mostly works for us and I don't want to have to re-create all
> the local magic in our cf files).
>
> Has anybody ever figured out why header lines containing addresses (To:
> From: etc.) with comments containing"(" and ")" cause the router to die a
> terrible death?
>
> I have some Start Trek fans who keep managing to nuke all 9 of our
> routers because they love to use comments within comments.  And it really
> should be able to handle it.
>
> Even if I can find out how it's been fixed in the mea-* code (has it
> been?), I could probably apply that fix to the 2.2 code...
>
> -Andy
>
> Andy Poling                              Internet: Andy.Poling@jhu.edu
> UNIX Systems Programmer                  URL: http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~andy/
> Homewood Academic Computing              Voice: (410)516-8096
> Johns Hopkins University (Balto, MD)     UUCP: uunet!mimsy!jhunix!andy

}-- End of excerpt from Andy Poling

Can you send me an example router input file that generates a core dump.
I haven't been able to duplicate this problem on our router.

We do have a problem with the router core dumping when the Sender: line
contains something like "[12]".

I would like to know if this problem exists in the mea version if not or
if this is fixed in the mea version I sure would like to know the fix.
A sample input file would be:

to user
From: usera
Sender: user-[12]