Re: router saved messages

On Tue, 6 Dec 1994, Trevor Paquette wrote:
>  every once in awhile I get the following from the router log..
> squirrel: 137380 saved for inspection: external message claims local origin!
> *** external message claims local origin!
>
>  what causes this? and is it possible to fix it?

This is typically caused by POP or other mail clients who submit mail to your
machine via SMTP after having provided a From address on your machine in the
headers.

In other words, router saw a msg which came from an external source (the POP
or IMAP client) but which had an internal (i.e. on your machine) From address
(or does it look specifically at the Sender header?).

-Andy

Andy Poling                              Internet: andy@jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu
UNIX Systems Programmer                  URL: http://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~andy/
Homewood Academic Computing              Voice: (410)516-8096
Johns Hopkins University                 UUCP: uunet!mimsy!jhunix!andy