Some error messages on received mail

I have an old vax that we are in the process of replacing with a sun.  Some
people still have accounts on the vax, some have been transfered to the sun.
Which ever machine you're not on, has mail forwarded to the other machine.
We still say to use the alias for the vax - medac - to mail to either system.
There has been some mail that comes in addressed to the vax that gets forwarded
on to the sun that gets the following error message:
-------------------
Error in "from" envelope address:

	<@YaleADS.YCC.Yale.Edu:Colin_Barnstable@quickmail.cis.yale.edu@medac.med.utoronto.ca>
								      ^-illegal end of route address, illegal special character in phrase
It doesn't happen all the time. It almost looks like anyone sending from an
address that goes through another machine does this.  And the postmaster can
return the message back to the sender properly.
Does this look like a zmailer (2.2.e4) configuration problem?
Thanks in advance,
Nancy.
--
Nancy E. Worth    worth@medac.med.utoronto.ca  &  postmaster
Computing Support Division, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto