Zmailer security.

  We are looking at various MTA to use on our firewall product. For
mostly marketing reasons, we prefer to rm /usr/lib/sendmail. We do no
local deliver of mail, just remote delivery, and only via SMTP.

  Since I'm rather partial to zmeiler, I was thinking of using the
`router' code from zmailer, with a lobotomized scheduler.

  I would like to eliminate most, if not all, of the configuration
file.  Has anyone given any thoughts to this problem? The same type of
configuration might be useful for NSPs who have all their clients
MXing to them in case they are down.

  Our current solution involves running sendmail (and chroot(2)),
behind a fairly stupid daemon (yes, TIS code). One proposed solution
involves writing a stupid daemon ourselves, but I'm loath to get
involved with MIME and 7/8bit issues, yet we want to support it.

   :!mcr!:            |  "Elegant and extremely rapid for calculation are the
   Michael Richardson | techniques of Young tableaux. They also have the merit
 NCF: aa714 || xx714 /of being fun to play with." - p.47 Intro to Quarks&Partons
 Home: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca</A>. PGP key available.