Re: two zmailers?

> Hi,
> from reading this list there appears to be two versions of zmailer,
> is this true? If so, is anyone running either on a AIX 3.2.5 or
> Solaris 2.3 system?

	It depends.  Edwin Allum has made a port of the original Zmailer
	(2.2) to Solaris 2.3 and that version is available at Toronto,
	and he keeps tweeking it at the times when he needs.

	I have made a lot more "dramatic" further developement of the
	Zmailer, and my version is available from   ftp.funet.fi.
	I do have a port to Solaris 2.3 -- in fact my developement
	testbed is Solaris 2.3..

	I have made also some tweakings so that it SHOULD be portable to
	AIX 3.x, though I haven't finished that porting, that is, there
	is no ready to use  "hostenv/AIX3.2" -file. but the biggest
	obstackle -- weird  "setreuid()" behaviour of AIX is taken
	care with a code-fragment in  libc/setreuid.c

	/Matti Aarnio	<mea@utu.fi> <mea@nic.funet.fi>