Re: SMTP Bind Address/Virtual Interfaces

On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 12:00:03AM -0700, Neal Morgan wrote:

I had to refresh my memory after fixing the buggy code.

There is no need to change  scheduler.conf  file to get
ZMailer instance to bind on a given IP address for all
inbound and outbound traffic.

In   zmailer.conf(5(zm))  describing ZENV variables:
( "man zmailer.conf" )

   BINDADDR
      If defined, BINDADDR specifies to which local interface to  bind
      smtpserver, smtp transport agent and scheduler. Possible specifi-
      cation formats are:

             [0.0.0.0]
             [IPv6.0::0]
             iface:eth0:1

You use this by defining it in your instance-wide  zmailer.conf file

       BINDADDR=[1.2.3.6]

and nothing specific in smtpserver.conf,  nor in  scheduler.conf.

Altering the config line in that file will necessitate restart of
the entire ZMailer instance.