timeouts

We are having an issue in a zmailer gateway with postmaster notifications
sent to unexistent gmail address.

Trouble is that gmail servers does not return a permanent error on these addresses,
they let the connection openned, so the smtp/gmail.com queue grow and real gmail messages
stay in queues for a long time.

I've thougth on drop our postmaster notification after only one attempt with timeouts (at least for gmail.com)
but for me is not very clear how to implement it.

So my question is if someone has having similar issue and could give me some advice...

Thanks in advance,

Antón