Fwd: zmailer kill scheduler

Sorry... forgot to Cc: the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mariano Absatz <el.baby@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:41:44 -0300
Subject: Re: zmailer kill scheduler
To: Roy Bixler <rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu>

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:30:00 -0500, Roy Bixler <rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 12:45:25PM +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
> No, I would not like to do that.  However, I see another possibility.
> When failover occurs, the first thing that happens is that the cluster
> IP address is released.  The transport agents use the real IP address
> of the machine.  If there is a way to make the transport agents use
> the cluster IP address instead, then I would imagine that, when this
> IP address is released, the transport agents would immediately die.

Well, I think you can add (in scheduler.conf) the '-L' option to the
smtp/* channel's smtp command.

See http://zmailer.org/man/smtp.8zm.html for the syntax, but something like

smtp -L [aa.bb.cc.dd] <other options>

where aa.bb.cc.dd is the cluster IP address should work.

Never tried it, Matti could confirm or deny this, but I think this is
what you're looking for.

--
Mariano Absatz - El Baby
el (dot) baby (AT) gmail (dot) com