zmailer kill scheduler

I need a bit of guidance on the following, which is that if I execute
"zmailer kill scheduler", I notice that there are still some remaining
ZMailer scheduler processes running in attempts to deliver messages on
the queue.  Does this sound right in general?  If so, does anyone have
suggestions about the cleanest way to kill all scheduler processes?

thx,

--
Roy Bixler <rcb@ucp.uchicago.edu>
The University of Chicago Press