Re: SPF and senderokwithdns

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:05:39PM +0400, Eugene Crosser wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 03:25 +0300, Matti Aarnio wrote:
>
> > > I wanted to check sender_dns_verify() even for authenticated users, and
> > > for users coming from trusted networks.  Because the earlier a customer
> > > is hinted about mistyped "From" address the better.
> > >
> > > But actually I don't care too much, just thought that it would be the
> > > right thing...
>
> > Yes, that would be quite nice setup.
> > Snafu are those average level cluefull users with their windows...
>
> I realized that the current code does *almost* what I want, i.e. it
> checks dns_verify for auth'ed and whoson'ed users, and for
> always_accept'ed networks.  Althogh, I'd like to suggest a diff that
> makes the code more clear, IMHO.  Attached below.

It would be clear -- IF that attribute would exist every time.
I don't think it does...   like for domains listed in   smtp-policy.relay*
file(s).   Probably it doesn't matter, unless the 'relay' listed domains
are of form:  .domain.suffix   in which case it does matter..
But then, change the  _relaytarget macro to be:
   _relaytarget relaytarget +   = _default_dot
and it won't be a problem anymore.

Anyway, I applied (manually, though!) the code that you gave below.
It compiles, I will commit..  (but can't test right now.)

> > There is also new   --enable-distcache   thing, which gets used in
> > smtpserver's TLS code.  It is 'distributed cache', and it is actually
> > the _only_ session change mechanism in the code.  Again: "It compiles"..
> > ( www.distcache.org has some documentation about ideas behind it. )
>
> If you do *not* enable distcache, smtptls.c does not compile, because
> tls_scache_init is called at line 1167 regardless of HAVE_DISTCACHE, but
> the definition of this function is #ifdef'ed out.

Damn, I was sure that I had tested (just before commit) that it
will compile...   I had reconfigured without it, but didn't do
compile :-/